Monday, January 2, 2012

2012

Now that the Yule holidays and 2011 have passed, a couple of words are in place. Vehement Conjuration has now existed for over a year and has kept its grab firmly on its main focuses and principles: a simple review blog of honest opinions. I've gathered a a really nice amount of readers and even a couple of visible followers, not to forget the almost excessive piles of promotional partners, which I wouldn't have expected in the beginning.

In spite of the rising amount of promo material that my inbox is always full of, Vehement Conjuration will focus more and more on albums that I really want to review, and this is simply due to the lack of time. I see no reason to spend all the little free time on music that I find either way too generic or just belonging to a genre I tend to dislike. Although this principle has always existed it will be even more evident in 2012. I find myself very lucky in that I have lately made a lot of deals with labels that I personally revere, labels that I thought did not do this kind of review based promotion at all.

I hope 2012 will turn out prolific both in my writings as well as albums that are truly worth writing about!

- Vehemency

No comments:

Post a Comment